Install Or Uninstall the
Plugins in QuickBooks
Plugins, often called add-ons or integrations, provide extra features and capabilities that help simplify accounting procedures and satisfy specific business requirements. QuickBooks’ functionality and customization possibilities may be improved by adding and deleting plugins. Here is a comprehensive explanation of adding and removing plugins from QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Plugin Installation:
- Do some research and choose a plugin: Determine the QuickBooks feature or capability you need to start. Look at plugins that are on the market and provide the needed functionality. Search the Intuit App Store (https://apps.intuit.com) or other reputable online stores to locate plugins that work with your QuickBooks version.
- Determine compatibility Make sure the plugin you choose is compatible with the current version of QuickBooks. The many versions of QuickBooks, including QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop (Pro, Premier, Enterprise), and QuickBooks for Mac, are all supported. Check the system specifications and compatibility details the plugin’s developer has given.
- Obtain the plugin: Go to the developer’s website or the plugin’s marketplace page after selecting a plugin. The “Download” or “Get Started” button should be present to start the plugin acquisition procedure.
- Installation choices Different installation options may be available to you depending on the kind of plugin:
- Web-based plugins: A few plugins operate in the cloud and don’t need to be installed on your computer locally. For these plugins, you usually have to register or log in on the plugin’s website and provide permission to connect with your QuickBooks account.
- Local plugins: Some plugins may need to be installed on your computer as software. Visit the developer’s website or online store for the plugin installation file. Ensure the version you’re downloading is compatible with your QuickBooks edition.
- Launch the installer: Double-click the downloaded plugin installer file to launch it from your PC. To start the installation procedure, adhere to the on-screen instructions. Choosing the installation location and accepting the terms and conditions are two examples of processes the installer may walk you through.
- Integration and setup: Launch QuickBooks on your PC when the installation procedure is finished. Depending on the plugin, you may need to activate or link the plugin to your QuickBooks account. Look for the developer’s instructions on how to set up and integrate the plugin with QuickBooks.
- Adjust plugin settings: After the plugin is linked with QuickBooks, you may need to make certain adjustments based on the demands of your company. This might include setting up rules, mapping accounts, or modifying plugin options. To finish the setup procedure according to the documentation or guidelines given by the plugin developer.
QuickBooks Plugin Uninstallation:
- Start QuickBooks by launching it on your PC.
- Use QuickBooks to access the Plugin Manager: Go to the “Edit” menu and choose “Preferences.” Within the preferences box, look for the “Integrated Applications” or “Plugins” section and click on it.
- View installed plugins: A list of all installed plugins is available in the Plugin Manager. Locate the plugin you wish to remove by looking through the list.
- Uninstall the plugin: Search for an uninstall option after choosing the plugin you want to delete. Depending on the plugin and the QuickBooks version you are running, there can be several ways to delete a plugin. Typical techniques include:
- Uninstall button: Click on the associated button and follow any on-screen instructions to delete the plugin if it offers an uninstall option in the Plugin Manager.
- The uninstaller for the plugin: Some plugins come with their uninstaller software. In these circumstances, you may access the uninstaller through the “Programs and Features” area of the Windows Control Panel or the installation folder for the plugin. Run the uninstaller and adhere to the instructions.
- QuickBooks settings: To deactivate or uninstall the plugin, you may sometimes need to open QuickBooks settings. For further information on deactivating the plugin from inside QuickBooks, see the plugin’s documentation or contact the developer.
It’s essential to be aware that deleting a plugin can cause the loss of any settings or data they may have had before. Ensure you have exported or backed up any relevant data from the plugin before removing it.
You may quickly install or remove plugins in QuickBooks by following these instructions. Plugins may significantly increase your accounting workflow’s efficiency and ability to meet unique company needs. Always choose well-known and reliable plugins, and for thorough installation and uninstalling instructions, consult the documentation made available by the plugin’s creators.